Successfully added to your bag!
- Total (Excluding VAT)
The story of Van Cleef & Arpels began in Place Vendôme, a prominent Parisian square designed by Jules Hardouin-Mansart late in the reign of Louis XIV. In 1906, the Maison opened its first boutique at 22 Place Vendôme, soon expanding the shop to include number 24.
For the centennial of this historic address in 2006, the boutique was redesigned to highlight the wondrous, floral universe of Van Cleef & Arpels. Sculpted oak paneling and the gently rounded contours of the furnishings complement the spirit of classical architecture that defines Place Vendôme. In 2016, a new boutique exhibiting a modern flavor opened at number 20, supplementing the existing spaces.
In 2020, the renovation of 22-24 Place Vendôme – entrusted to the architectural and design duo Jouin Manku – unveiled new volumes imbued with a particularly Parisian charm conducive to surprise and discovery. A salon dedicated to perfume also opened its doors at number 22. Three Place Vendôme addresses, 20, 22 and 24, now make up an extensive ensemble known as the Salons Vendôme, reflecting the Maison's profound attachment to its native square.
A century of history and creation
Place Vendôme not only embodies Van Cleef & Arpels’ roots, but serves as a source of inspiration in its own right. Indeed, the Maison’s hallmark, a symbol of elegance, features the initials VCA and the Vendôme Column within a horizontal lozenge.
In 1922, a perspective depicting the column and the Van Cleef & Arpels boutique appeared on the cover of a High Jewelry catalogue. Since then, this legendary square has regularly been portrayed in the Maison’s advertising campaigns. For example, the 1959 Place Vendôme pendant in yellow gold and diamonds echoes previous references to the column in accessories such as cases and lighters.
In 1966, the “Façade” collection, a loving nod to the Maison’s Parisian identity inspired by Place Vendôme archways, reinterpreted the architectural spirit of this capital of High Jewelry.